Last week I decided to hike to Donut Falls.
My friend Opal was in town and my sister-in-law Andrea.
My other sister-in-law, Michelle and her kids came and my friend Lindsay and her baby Ezra.
I like to get a group picture before we begin hiking and get all sweaty and dirty.
The hike was 1.5 miles round trip and was listed as easy and for hikers of all ages.
So I just planned on letting Eli walk most of the time.
(We don't have a hiking backpack anyway.)
Andrea, Michelle, Opal and the older kids were a lot faster than Eli.
Lindsay and Ezra walked with me and Eli.
The hike was beautiful.
I love being out in all the trees and in the mountains!
Right before the falls there was a steep rocky step down.
Then you walk around the corner and see the falls.
This is the waterfall. It wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be.
Maybe you have to hike closer but that wasn't possible with kids.
And no there were no donuts!
We all headed back together.
We stopped by the river to eat snacks and rest.
I just thought this looked funny.
I'm excited to go on some more hikes this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment