A few weeks ago, Lexi started school.
She switched schools this year because she was accepted into a Spanish immersion program.
Her new school is a 7 minute drive from our house just a little south west of us.
It's a year round school so that's why she's already started.
...
Last year I made Lexi this shirt. I'm so excited to take her picture in it every year before school starts.
The day before school started Lexi got to go to school to meet her teachers and see her classrooms. She had been really nervous for school to start.
After her meet-n-greet she told me that the butterflies where gone.
Here she is making her lunch the night before school started.
(I've been informed since that PB&J isn't allowed. Darn food allergies ruining it for everyone!)
Here's her stuff all laid out and ready for the first day.
And here she is all ready to go to school!
Trying to be brave.
That day Avery and I went and had lunch with Lexi.
That's something that I'd like to do once a month.
The whole family went to pick up Lexi after her first day.
Lexi didn't want to take pictures with her teachers after school but I made her.
Here she is with her Spanish teacher, who is from Spain.
And here Lexi is with her English teacher.
After school we went and got ice cream cones at Artic Circle.
Here she is on Wednesday, her second day of school.
And Thursday before school.
That night was Back to School Night.
I took Lexi's picture in front of the door she and her class enter and exit through.
And here she is on Friday showing off her school spirit wearing red and black.
(I covered up her school's name incase weirdo's look at my blog.)
So for those of you who are wondering how the dual immersion program works.
There are two classes. The red and blue class. Lexi is in the blue class.
They switch every morning which language they start in.
For example, let's say on Monday Lexi goes to English the first half of the day.
Then she'll go to Spanish the second half. Then on Tuesday she'll start in Spanish and end in English.
They always start with whatever language they finished in the day before.
Lexi doesn't seem confused by it at all. And it just seems normal to her.
...
She's doing great in school.
She earned enough "Dojo" points yesterday to go to the office and get a prize.
She got 15/12 on her first spelling test last week.
And she's informed me that Spanish is easy
because her teachers points to everything when she speaks in Spanish.
She's learning new Spanish words everyday!
She's made new friends and exchanged phone numbers with several girls and a boy.
...
Homework is a challenge though. After a long day at school (8:55-3:55) she doesn't want to do it.
So we are still trying to figure out how to make it work and be the least amount of torture for us.
...
Avery is lonely.
She misses Lexi and asked me everyday when she will start Kindergarten and go to Lexi's school.
She will start preschool the week after Labor Day.






wow. You've been busy blogging today! Lexi looks so cute in all these pictures!!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute! That sounds like a rigorous program! It's really cool to have the dual languages though, I wish I could speak spanish, but I am too lazy to learn right now =)
ReplyDelete