Monday, August 18, 2014

New Recipes

Someone in our complex gave us a ton of zucchini from their dad's garden.
So I've been experimenting with zucchini recipes.
I made some brownies that were just okay. So I'm still on the look out for a zucchini brownie recipe.
But I made some zucchini bread and zucchini chocolate muffins that we loved.
I will be making them again soon.
I've also been craving muffins. I made some oatmeal blueberry muffins that I loved.
And I have several more muffin recipes that I plan on trying soon.
If they turn out good, I'll share those too.
(Sorry the formatting is weird. I copied these recipes from Word documents.
Whenever I find a recipe I like, I copy it into word and print it out and put it in my recipe binder.)
 
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
 Ingredients:
2-1/3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 cups grated zucchini
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts, optional
 Directions:
Combine dry ingredients including nuts, if desired. 
In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, oil, vanilla and zucchini; then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips. 
Pour into 24 muffin cups or 2 medium-sized, greased and floured loaf pans. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes for muffins or 50-55 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean) for bread.  This recipe will also make 8 mini-loaves (bake 30 minutes.)
Zucchini Bread
Ingredients:
3 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
 Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, backing powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
Combine the eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla in another mixing bowl, blend well.
Add the dry ingredients and zucchini to the creamed mixture, blend well.
Pour them into two greased and floured loaf pans.
Bake for 1 hour and there you have yummy, moist zucchini bread!
 
 
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
 
Ingredients:
1 1/4 c, whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c. quick cooking oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F.  Line a muffin pan with paper liners.  In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  In another bowl combine the applesauce, buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and egg.  Make a well in the dry ingredients and add in the applesauce mixture.  Stir together just until all dry ingredients are incorporated.  Gently fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula.
2.  Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups.  Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment