At the end of February, Ruby turned 15 months old.
In the middle of March I took her in for her 15 month check up.
I can't find my paper anywhere that says how big is was.
I just remember she was 60% for height and weight.
She got several shots.
She of course screamed but stopped after I held her.
She's a brave girl.
...
At her check up her pediatrician was asking me routine questions about her development.
At the time, Ruby had only been trying to take steps for a few weeks
and could only take a few at a time.
Also, she wasn't really saying many words.
And the words (sounds) she was saying didn't mean anything in particular.
The words weren't assigned to objects.
Dr. Gould was concerned about both her walking and talking.
I told him that there is a history of speech problems in the Christensen family.
He told me to watch Ruby and keep track of what she's doing and saying.
And he instructed me to call him back at the end of April.
If she hasn't made much progress by then she'll go get check out by a developmental specialist.
...
I have know that Ruby was pretty quite.
She definitely hasn't been talking as much as or anything like her older sisters.
I have just assumed that was just because of her personality.
So far she's been pretty mellow and laid back.
But after that appointment, I started to wonder if something was wrong.
...
Well I'm happy to report that two weeks after her check up, Ruby started walking exclusively.
The day after she turned 15 months old (February 26th) she took her first steps
and the day after she turned 16 months old (March 26th) she learned to stand up unassisted
and started walking exclusively.
She doesn't crawl anymore.
...
Her speech has improved but I still think she might be behind.
Now she says, "da da." And she knows Sean is da da. She'll say that whenever he walks in the room.
She says "ba ba" for babies and small kids. She also says "ba ba" for the bunnies.
And when she wants to go outside she says "ba ba" for bye bye and waves her hand.
She says "nigh nigh" (night night) when I lay her in her crib.
She uses some sign language. She signs eat when she's hungry and signs all done when she's finished.
She signs milk when she's thristy.
...
Here's some recent videos of Ruby's walking...
Here's some recent videos of Ruby's walking...
No comments:
Post a Comment