Wednesday, December 7, 2016

July 2016 - Girls' Camp

 The week after my parents left I went to our stake's Girls' Camp.
It was in the mountains near Heber.
Last year, I went to our ward's Girls' Camp for a day with Ruby.
But other than that I haven't been to camp since I was a young woman.




Here's where the whole camp gathered for roll call and skits and everything else that we did together.


Here's a map of the camp.

 

Here's where I camedp. In that blue tent in the trees. It was so close to the bathroom.
And there were awesome showers. I never showered at camp when I was a youth but I did this time.
And it felt great!


I was in the second year unit. I absolutely loved my unit! The other leaders were awesome 
and I had so much fun being with the girls. They made me laugh so hard.


The 5th and 6th year girls are called LITES. They are the youth leaders. 
And they were in charge of helping plann everything.
 They did an amazing job and they learned so much.



 Here are the ladies that were in the tent with me. I only knew one of them before.
They all became my friends though. And with my new calling (I'll blog about that later)
I now work with them.


Here's the inside of our tent. My bed was the furthest to the left.


I wish that I remembered to take more pictures of me with the girls and other leaders.



The priesthood leadership was so helpful and so fun. I loved having them up there at camp.
They had some awesome roll calls and a great skit.


One night we had two soldiers from our stake come up and they retired a flag.
It was a really special night and I enjoyed the ceremony.


For certification our girls had to make one meal themselves.
We made pita pizzas. They were delicious.
The rest of the meals the stake provided. We ate well at camp.




Here are the girls doing a faith walk.


Here's our units mail station. I made sure to write a letter to everyone.
I also got a lot of really thoughtful letters.


 I played Apples to Apples with some of girls. They cracked me up!
They said that each card they won would describe their future husband.
We laughed so hard over them.


We couldn't all fit in the eating area at once.
So we had to take turns eating.
While one half ate, the other half did various different activities.
Here's some pictures from one of the times that we were waiting.
The girl on the pot got asked a question. 
If she said the wrong answer, a water balloon got popped over her head.


Here's Serenity so excited because she's not getting wet.


I got soaked but secretly loved it.



Some of our leaders got challenged to dance in front of us. It was hilarious. You had to be there.




Another fun activity.


 Before now our stake has always just let the wards have their own ward Girls' Camp each year.
But now we're switching back and forth between ward and stake camp every other year.
It was a hard switch for many people. One of the day we had several hours of ward time.
It was fun to be together as the Eastland Ward.
 

 We spent some time just hanging out as a ward.


And we also played several games.


And one of them was Chubby Bunny.


I am so glad that I was able to go to camp.
I am glad that Sean was able to work half days from home while I was gone 
and that my awesome neighbor, Jen, watched the kids while Sean worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment