I have been dreading Avery's 4 year check-up for a long time.
Because that's when our pediatrician gives the kids their kindergarten immunizations.
I scheduled it at a time of the day when Sean could take her.
And then he ended up going out of town that morning!
So I had to take her.
She did great though.
She had to give a urine sample which she thought was strange.
She got to wear a hospital gown which she didn't like.
She had to get her eyes checked and she couldn't seem to pay attention.
They said she had 20/30 vision, which is normal for this age.
But who really knows since she wasn't cooperating.
She actually let the doctor examine her and touch her.
When she was all done we put her regular clothes on
and then Avery was ready to bolt out the door and go get stickers.
She didn't know she had to wait around to get shots. I hadn't told her that part.
Eli could knew what was coming though. He screamed as soon as the doctor left.
When the nurse came in, I told Avery she was getting shots. She wasn't happy.
I held her on my lap and held down her arms.
She screamed but as soon as it was over and she got a prize and a sticker she was happy.
Thank heavens we don't have to do that again until she goes to middle school!
...
Here's her stats:
39.8 inches (50%) and 33 lbs 6 Oz (37%)
No comments:
Post a Comment