Thursday, May 9, 2013

Throw Back Thursday - Sam and Opal

 I just couldn't wait for Flashback Friday... and I know tomorrow will be a busy day.
So here are some, "Throw Back Thursday" pictures.
(Haha Val!!!)
I met Opal the week before I met Sean. In June 2001.
We met at girl's camp and discovered that her birthday is July 2nd and mine is July 3rd. A year apart though.
Anyway, after that we just became best friends.
This first picture was taken at a stake dance in September 2001.
We didn't plan our outfits.


 One day Opal and I drove around Lake Steven in the rain taking pictures of ourselves.


Opal and I had several combined birthday parties.
They were a blast!
One year it was Toga theme. My dad even dressed up as Caesar!



 Opal came to church with me to see me in my Homecoming dress.


Tubing in the mountains before we went to a school dance.

Opal went with me on a few trips.
One time at my Grandpa's house we found these wigs.
And we kinda became obsessed with them!


Here's us wearing the wigs to a stake dance. We really were funny teenagers.

Here we are on the Oregon coast at Haystack Rock.
We were walking on the beach and saw a groom and his groom's men 
and asked them to take a picture with us. 


 Opal and I were infamous at girls' camp.
We were always together and always loud.
We were legends some might say.



 We're in matching swimsuits. We thought that was cool.


And here's the last time I saw Opal.
Last July she stayed with us for a few days on her move to Minnesota.



I love Opal. She really will always be one of my best friends.
She's is genuine and funny and just makes me laugh and feel good.
She's an amazing women and I'm so proud of her and all that she is accomplishing in her life right now.
When I met Opal she didn't really even have any plans to go to college.
So I made her go to community college with me.
Then I helped her transfer to BYU-Idaho with me.
And since then she's received a master's degree and is currently working on her Ph.D!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is just precious. I miss her too. And you as we'll of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man we have had a good life! lets keep the memories comin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also i definitely still own a few of the clothes i'm wearing in those pictures. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say the same. After having three Sean juniors, my body just isn't the same!

      Delete
    2. Actually. That swim skirt I'm wearing at camp I do still own and I actually wore it swimming last month. Hey. Hey.

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh i love this SO much. the photos bring back sooo many memories! such a great post!!

    ReplyDelete