Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Avery's Third Birthday Celebrations

 This past Sunday, the 28th was Avery's third birthday. 
Although I'm not sure she really knew when her birthday was 
because we did so many things to celebrate it this year.
The weekend before her birthday, Sean's sister Andrea and her husband Brandon were in town 
so we had a little party with them and Michelle's family.
On the way to Michelle's house the cake fell apart 
as Sean was trying to put it in between the front seats in the van.
At first I was mad but then I just laughed.
Avery didn't even notice!



Justin was doing all sorts of funny things in the background.
Photo Bomb!


Avery got the "Minnie Bow Shoes" that she's had her eyes on at Target.
Lexi picked them out and also an Aurora Barbie.
Aurora is Avery's favorite princess and actually the only Disney Princess Barbrie that we didn't have.

Avery also got this Aurora hooded blanket.
Sleeping Beauty stuff is hard to find since she's isn't a really popular princess.
So when I saw this blanket, I had to get it.

 When I asked Avery want she wanted to do for her birthday she insisted on going to the "Nemo Pool."
AKA the Herriman Rec Center.
So we went there last Saturday, the day before her birthday.

 I didn't really take any pictures but all the kids had a great time.



 Sean made Avery go down the big orange slide (you can't really see it in this picture).
He told her that he'd buy her an ice cream cone if she did.
She was so made at him.
She was crying and screaming and yelling, "I'm scary!" 
(That means I'm scared.)
But for some reason, she went up and went down it again by herself.
Screaming again the whole time.


We let Avery open her package from my parents before church on her birthday...


Avery has been wanting this Little People set.
We found this little house at the DI a while ago and have been calling it the Dwarf's cottage.
The girls were excited to finally have the dwarfs to go with it.

 Lexi was jealous of Avery all week.
We wanted to teach her that it isn't always gonna be about her
and that birthdays are a time to celebrate the ones we love.
Avery wanted to wear Lexi's special Disney Store Rapunzel Wedding Dress.
So we encouraged Lexi to share with the birthday girl.
Isn't she a pretty bride?


 Sean said that we could use these pictures someday for Avery's wedding slideshow at her reception.


Sean and Avery together before church.
These two are cuddle bears.
They love cuddling.

 Me and my Avery.
I love her!


After church Michelle and her kids came over for dinner and cake.
I made a Texas Sheet Cake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting.
(I'll post the recipe later.)






Avery was thrilled with all the attention and gifts.
She got a "Minnie Bow" coloring book, a floaty jacket for the summer, 
and two new big books for of a collection of stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment