We canceled our cable back in February.
Then we got rid of Netflix in March.
I also decided to physical move our TV out of our living room.
I told the girls that our TV was in time out and they accept that easily.
Our TV now sits on Sean's desk in his make shift office in our master bedroom walk-in closet.
Sean uses the TV screen as a monitor for his work computer.
Our TV stand is actually a buffet that we bought off of Craig's List.
I decided to move it into the dinner room and I love have the storage there.
With the TV gone I decided to move our little bookshelf
and recliner (which was recently given to us by a friend) to it's old spot.
Now we actually have a good conversation area in our living room.
We haven't missed our TV at all!
Once or twice a week I let the girls watch a movie on our computer.
And I will also let them watch a show or two a week off of the PBS Kids website or Disney Junior.
Sean and I have 4 shows that we watch and we can watch them all online for free.
The only reason we ever "needed" cable was so Sean could watch sports.
And since it's not football season that isn't even an issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment