A week ago, Avery decided that she wanted to wear underwear.
(I have been planning on potty training Avery for a while now
but our lives just have been craziness lately and I just haven't made it a priority.
It's just been easier to let her keep wearing diapers.)
So we decided that we should just potty train her now since she's excited about it and willing.
It's been a week filled with lots of accidents and few successes
but I'm trying to just stay calm and be patient.
I've been reading this book and it's helping me to put things into perspective.
It's not about when you start potty training it's about when you finish.
It usually takes 3-12 months for kids to have toilet independence.
So I've told myself that I should expect her to be potty trained
until my birthday which is 4 months from now.
And even that may not be realistic.
But for now it's helping me keep this in the right perspective.
Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment