Remember I had foot surgery in December?
Well on January 3rd, I got the protective tape taken off and my stitches removed.
Here's my first real look at my scar.
Here it is after I showered and cleaned it a little.
I continued wearing my walking boot and using my knee scooter.
And Ty continued stuffing it with hot wheels any chance he could.
At 4 weeks post op, on January 11th,
I was given the okay to put weight on my foot and walk in my boot.
The problem was that I couldn't!
I was surprised how hard it was for me to put up my foot. I was frustrated that I was so weak.
That was a Friday. All weekend I practiced walking with a walker.
I took laps around my kitchen island. And by Sunday night, I was able to walk by myself.
Which was really lucky since the next day, Monday the 14th, Sean went back to the office.
You can see that my right leg lost a lot of muscle.
My left lost some muscle too.
The scab on my scar continued to go away.
January 25th was my 6 weeks post op mark.
And it was an exciting day for me. I got to start wearing an ankle brace.
That is also when I got the clearance to drive again.
Luckily that was so much easier to do then starting to walk was!
On February 26th, I had my final follow up.
Here's what my foot looked like then.
That was an exciting appointment.
Dr. Mckenzie told me that I didn't need to wear my brace full time anymore.
I will continue to wear it a little bit longer when I'm at the gym though.
And I don't need physical therapy. I will just do a few strength training exercises on my own.
It's so excited to be able to wear any shoes I want again!
Even though I'm still recovering, it feels so good to put this trail behind me!











No comments:
Post a Comment