Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The End of An Era (My Last Pregnancy Post Ever!)

I never really blogged about this pregnancy another than announcing it back in October.
But I thought I should take a moment to document it because I'm planning on it being my last.
That's still a really weird thought to me.
It's strange to think that I'll never be pregnant again and that we'll never have another tiny newborn.
It's a bittersweet feeling for both Sean and I.
Anyway, let's get to this post. Because the real posts that everyone wants to see are the newborn ones which are up next.
...
At my 20 week ultrasound, it was discovered that I had a low lying placenta which could possibly be placenta previa. That's when the placenta covers the cervix. It can cause bleeding during pregnancy and bed rest. It can lead to hemorrhaging and a c-section.
I was so stressed. Another ultrasound was scheduled for 30 weeks gestation.
...
At that ultrasound (February 21st), we saw that my placenta had sifted and was no longer a concern.
However, after measuring my baby they were concerned about his size.
He was measuring 90% for his size. And was estimated to already be 4 lbs.
So another was scheduled for a month later.
...
At that ultrasound I was 34 weeks. (March 16th) They baby was measuring 94% for size.
 Supposedly he was 6 lbs 2 oz.
He was measuring like his due date was April 18th instead of the 30th.
But I was still measuring on time.
So another ultrasound was scheduled for a few weeks later.
...
At that point I was just over 37 weeks (April 11th).
(Pictured below.)
At that ultrasound the tech told us that the baby was 7 lbs 9 oz and down to 79% for size.
 And now measuring a day overdue!
At that point I didn't know what to expect.
But I still assumed that he would be born a little bit before his due date.



The next two pictures are me at 39 weeks.




And this is me on my due date.


And now it's baby time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment