Friday, May 27, 2016

Avery's Unicorn Birthday Party

I don't do birthday parties for my kids every year.
And when I do it's pretty laid back.
Basically our parties are just play dates with cupcakes.
Avery's 4th birthday party was the only party that I've ever given party favors at.
I felt like this party was pretty laid back too but it still seemed like a lot of work and money.
One of the young women in my class, Jett, made Avery a unicorn pinata from scratch. 
I was impressed.


A few weeks before Avery's birthday a saw a company advertised in Grantsville 
that brings ponies to your house for parties.
They even do themed ponies. We knew the unicon would be perfect for Avery.
It was more than we've ever spent on the party but it made for such a fun party and memory.
Avery got to ride the pony first and last.
And all the other kids got to ride it once.




I tried to take a picture of all of the kids for their moms.
Here's my niece Halle.


Eli



While the kids waited for their turn to ride the unicorn,
they did bubbles and sidewalk chalk and played in the grass.
The whole party was in our front yard since our backyard was under construction.


My cute nephew Austin.


Paisley. This spunky girl is in Avery's Primary class.



Reagan. A friend from church who lives on the street behind us.


Hadlie. Our next door neighbor.


Nina. Another friend from church who also lives on the street behind us.


Cute Ruby loves running around the yard.


Mandalyn. One of our neighbors behind us.


My girls adore Jett. We pretty much just want to adopt her.


Lexi and Trenna waiting for their turn to ride.


Roonie. He's in Avery's kindergarten class and our backyards touch in the corner.


Brasia. Another one of our back neighbors.



Eli and Austin rode their balance bikes after their turn.


And Michelle took them for a couple of laps around the block.
Thanks Michelle!


Alma. Yet another Robinson kid.



Trenna Robinson. We sure love having lots of back neighbors to play with.


Lexi




Jett took Ruby for a little stroll.


Cora. She's in Eli's Primary class. She came with her two big sisters.


Little Avery. She came with her big sister Reagan.



Brooklyn. She lives on our street and seems to be over several times a week.


Sydnie Hansen.


Ruby playing with Carlee.


Avery's final ride. She got to go on a longer one this time.








Then we played a few games. First, "Horse, Horse, Unicorn."


Then we played a saran wrap gift game. Each kid got to open one layer of the gift. 
Each layer had a surprise. Like jewelry, fancy straws, glow sticks and candy.


Then it was time for the pinata.


Austin hit it like a pro.
I don't remember who broke it. I didn't really take pictures of the kids hitting it.
I think I was holding Ruby.


Jett put lots of glitter in the pinata and eventually all the kids were covered in it.
It was magical.



We had a cupcake decorating station.
The kids loved it.



Then it was gift time.
Avery got spoiled.







It was a fun night.
Thank you to everyone who helped me put it together and who came.
Now it's time to start playing Lexi's party.

No comments:

Post a Comment