Thursday, October 29, 2015

Back to School 2015

I read online about the idea of doing a "Back to School Feast."
Basically right before school starts you do a really nice dinner and celebrate the new school year.
I had originally wanted to a lot more than I did but things just didn't go according to plan.
The girls had fun though.
And I'm hoping to make it a new family tradition.
I'll plan ahead next year.
 
 
Lexi started school before Avery.
The night before school started she laid everything out.
 
 
For her first day of school, Lexi wanted something old (her dress we bought at a second hand store),
something new (her shoes), something borrowed (my necklace)
and something blue (her toe nail polish).
 
 
 
 
I made each girl a new bow to wear on their first day. They helped me design it.
 

And here's Lexi with her teacher, Ms. Draper.
 

 
And of course, I had to get a picture of Lexi in her graduation shirt.
 
 
Avery was so excited to start kindergarten.
The morning of her first day, she woke up early.
She was singing and dancing.
Despite all her excitement, she wasn't thrilled about getting her picture taken.
 



It's so cute to watch the girls walk into the school together each morning.
 


And here's Avery with her teacher Mrs. Bronder.
I feel so bad for Avery's teacher. She became a widow a few weeks before school started.
Her husband fell off the side of a mountain while mountain climbing.
They have two kids who are about the same ages as my older girls.
It's so sad.
But Mrs. Bronder has been amazing. Maybe teaching school is helping her get through this hard time.
 


Here's Avery and Eli after Avery's first day.
She's in morning kindergarten. She goes from 9-11:45.
 




And Avery in her graduation shirt.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment