We moved into our house on a Thursday.
The following Monday I registered Lexi at her new school.
That day after school, we went an met her new teacher, Mrs. Day.
I instantly just loved her. She was so great with Lexi.
On that Wednesday Lexi started school.
For some reason, school gets out three hours early on Wednesdays here.
They call it their super short day and you can wear super hero clothes that day.
Then on that Friday, Lexi got to go on a field trip to Red Butte Gardens.
It's the same field trip she would have gone on that same week at her old school.
She was so excited that she didn't have to miss out on that field trip after all.

She was so excited that she didn't have to miss out on that field trip after all.
I absolutely love Lexi's new school! You can literally see if from our house.
It takes me a minute to drive there. It's about a 20 minute walk with kids.
The principle is the friendliest woman I've ever met.
Lexi loves the librarian.
Another that I love about her new school is her lunch time is now 11am
instead of 1pm like it was at her old school.
Lexi also gets out earlier at her new school, she's done each day at 3:30
(except Wednesdays at 12:30) but she still starts at 9 am.
She is no longer on a year round schedule which I'm excited about.
Instead of her last day of school being July 3rd, it's May 21st which is next week!
And then she'll start again the last week of August.
We're so excited for a long summer break!
Another awesome thing about Lexi's school is the size.
It has several hundred less students than her previous schools.


No comments:
Post a Comment