The week before Christmas, Lexi participated in the orchestra and band
Christmas concert at her school.
She had been sick all week and was tired but she went and did great.
Sean and I had decided that after the concert we were going to stop orchestra.
It was a hard decision to make.
It was just too much for Lexi and for our family.
It was hard to get all the kids up early to get Lexi to orchestra.
And it was difficult to find time to practice at night.
And Lexi was one of the youngest in the orchestra and was having a hard time keeping up.
She really needed a private tutor.
We've decided that in a few years, we'll try piano.
For now, just going to school all day, learning Spanish and going to dance and homework is enough.
Her Lexi is with her orchestra teacher.
UPDATE: Here are the videos I took at the concert...
Christmas concert at her school.
She had been sick all week and was tired but she went and did great.
Sean and I had decided that after the concert we were going to stop orchestra.
It was a hard decision to make.
It was just too much for Lexi and for our family.
It was hard to get all the kids up early to get Lexi to orchestra.
And it was difficult to find time to practice at night.
And Lexi was one of the youngest in the orchestra and was having a hard time keeping up.
She really needed a private tutor.
We've decided that in a few years, we'll try piano.
For now, just going to school all day, learning Spanish and going to dance and homework is enough.
Before the concert started the kids were tuning their instruments and warming up.
But Lexi just smiled at us from the stage.
Her Lexi is with her orchestra teacher.
UPDATE: Here are the videos I took at the concert...








I hear ya!! The kids stopped piano a few months ago and the break has been wonderful! I'm torn now because I want to start back up again, but I've enjoyed having a few less things to do.
ReplyDelete