Sunday, April 6, 2014

Reading List

So far this year I've read...
 
The Giver by Lois Lowry. I've read this book several times now and still love it. I'm excited for the movie to come out this summer.
 
Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. This is the third book in the Giver trilogy. I've read it once before. It's a good book. The Giver is still my favorite. It has nothing to do with the Giver though.
 
Messenger by Lois Lowry. This is the third book in the Giver trilogy. It ties the first and second book together.
 
Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson. Reminds me of Jane Austin books. A fun love story that I couldn't put down.
 
Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson. I loved this book. I couldn't put it down. Another sweet love story.
 
Visions of Glory. This is an interesting book. It's the accounts of an lds man who has died several times and had out of body experiences. He shares what he sees including his vision of the second coming. It was thought provoking. Made me think of God's great love for us.
 
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. This is an interesting idea. It was interesting to read after Visions of Glory because they both take about spirits here on earth among us. But some of the language I didn't understand.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked Edenbrooke and Blackmoore. I loved them both as well and couldn't put them down. Which one did you like more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hard to stay. I read them back to back so they kinda blend together in my mind. But I think I liked Blackmoore best.

      Delete