Monday, December 3, 2018

September 2018 - Picture Post

Finally all of my kids went to school the same day 
after we had all had had our turn with the norovirus.


Lexi's teacher is awesome. She lets the kids have so much more responsibility and ownership.
The kids in Lexi's class had to apply to their classroom jobs.
 Lexi got picked to be the classroom motivator for the term.
She picked out the quote for this poster and designed in together and she arranged it on the poster.


And here's the second poster that we made together.


Lexi decided to run for class representative. There were three open positions. She wrote and gave a speech. Something that's not easy for this naturally very shy girl. But she got the most votes! And even better than that, two of her best friends were also chosen to be class representative. I have one happy girl. And these three besties are going to have so much fun together.


Here's some pictures I took of the kids in the morning on our walks to school.








I started playing a game with Ruby where we find the fire hydrants on our walk.


Some days I had Easton with me. So he and Ruby would have to take turns in the stroller.
And then sometimes I pushed them together in the stroller.
That was a good workout!


And here's some pictures from after school.
First up is Eli and Brooke after kindergarten.


Here's another day when the kids are running to the car. 
You can see Eli and Brooke chasing him and Avery behind them.


Lexi keeps a wand in her backpack sometimes.



I started letting the kids walk home from school together sometimes.


I wen to a ladies night out. We painted canvases. This is mine.
 I think I'm the only one that didn't finish theirs that night. And I may still not have it finished.


Here's picture that Lexi drew of herself as a Hogwarts student.


Sean and I bought nearly 600 bulbs for our yard.
Here's a picture of one of the trips to the store for flowers.
Our yard is going to look amazing next spring.


Ruby and Easton doing puzzles together one morning before Ruby goes to preschool.


And here's Easton and Ty playing together in Ty's room.



We bought Ty a new board book. Eli had the same book when he was little.
This is my favorite page because it has my exact van in it.


I've been thinking about coloring my hair for years now. And I finally decided to do it.




Picture from a night time walk with Eli. I followed him on his bike.


Ty loves all this with wheels 
and being outside riding on all the bikes and cars on our patio is his favorite.


Sean was trying to water the dry spots in our grass and the kids just wanted to play in the sprinkler.









Here's what our garden looked like in September.





We've been trying to get rid of the rock pile in our garden area for years. It never ends.


We had the Edwards kids over one night for a date night babysitting exchange.
Here's Ty with Mathew.


And here's Eli and Joey.


We visited Glover Nursery to buy more tulip bulbs and I was so excited about their fairy garden.
This is exactly what I want to create next year in the box that our sunflowers were in.




We started a new tradition with Michelle's family. 
Every other month we have a cousin sleep over on Friday night.
Then on Saturday we have a dinner together when we go to pick up our kids.
Michelle hosted so that meant we had dinner at her place. 
We watched the BYU game while we were together too.


Saying goodbye is always such a big deal.




I went to Ikea one day. 
I have a picture of Eli in front of this sign eating a hot dog when he was a baby.
I need to find it and do a side by side comparison.



The girls' Halloween wigs came in the mail.







Lexi finished the fifth Harry Potter book. Within a few more weeks she read the sixth and seventh.


We hosted a Harry Potter craft day with the Greenwoods.
I made wands for all the kids.


Chelsi helped the kids make potions.









We also made flying key mobiles.


And the girls made spell books.


And after dinner we had the kids eat these. Their reactions were so funny.



Here we are trying to recreate the first picture we ever took of Lexi and Madi together.
They met at Lexi's baby shower when she was a month old.


What's a blog post without a picture of Ruby randomly sleeping?


One night Eli came into our bed and told us that he was all wet on his back.
We couldn't figure out what he was talking about until we saw his back.
Apparently he picked off an entire mole. It bled like crazy!
We had to apply pressure for so long. And of course we were out of band aids.
So Sean had to go to Walmart at 3:00 am.


We have the best sunsets. 



Sean cut out the area around our park strip trees and added pavers 
which you can see in the next picture.








One Saturday we went on a walk and saw a cement truck. My boys were so excited.




I took some pictures for my friend Alyssa. She makes costumes. 
And had made some for the world Clydesdale show on Halloween.





One time I left and didn't take Ty with me.
 He stayed by the garage door crying for me for 10 minutes.


Sean took the kids to Hollywood Park one day.




After the park, the kids convinced Sean to take them out to lunch.


Sean made his famous fried chicken one night and we invited the Greenwoods over.
Steve and Kathy came and David and Chelsi and their kids. And Micheal and Kayla and their kids.
After we ate, we played in the backyard.






Eli and I made this poster for school and this cute little version of himself.



Brooke comes home with us on Wednesdays 
while her mom is picking Ruby and Paige up from preschool.



I take Ruby and Paige to preschool for the carpool.
Look how cute they are walking to school together.


Look how cute Ruby and Easton are together.



Here's the birthday card that Avery made for my mom.
She spent so much time on it. It was so cute. So I took a picture of it.



And here's the card that Lexi made for my mom.




The city hosted a family night at the park and we met the Greenwoods there.
There was dinner, games, face painting and prizes.







Sean has been wanting a flag pole for years.
We finally bought one on sale for Memorial Day.
We finally put it up in September.





This is the face that Eli made while we was waiting for David to come help install the flag pole.
Eli LOVES David.


In September, our primary was preparing for our ward primary program.
Our chorister came up with a fun idea. 
She hosted "Eastland Singing with the Stars." 
Basically, it was our wards version of America's Got Talent.
The kids or group who wanted to audition, 
had to pick a song that we were going to be singing in the primary program.
I was so shocked when my girls wanted to audition.
They asked two other girls from our ward to participate with them.


We drove up to a neighborhood on the hill one night. 
It's called Deer Hallow. The name didn't disappoint.


What would a blog post be with our sleepy Ruby pictures?





I bought a spiralizer and started making zoodles.


Sean and went a few date nights where we went hiking.
The first time we attempted to hike the T.
We didn't know exactly where the trail started. 
We didn't realize that we had go behind the locked fence in the picture behind us.




It was a very windy night. And we were running out of time so eventually we gave up.
We'll have to hike to the T another time.


We went up one of the canyons another time.




No comments:

Post a Comment