Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Christmas Break 2015

 As usual now, I'm behind on blogging.
Oh well. Better late than never is my new blogging motto!
Here are some pictures from Christmas Break.
...
This pictures are from my phone, Sean's phone and my camera.
So they aren't in order.
...
Ruby started climbing onto anything that she could.
 


Ruby also started pulling herself into a standing position.
And she started walking along things.
 


 

 
Here's the Christmas present we got for Sean's brother Aaron.
It's a picture of the Draper temple taken with a drone.
 


One night we went to a local live nativity. Eli was so excited to see a camel.
 



 

Christmas artwork I found on Sean's phone. I'm not actually sure which girl made these.
 




Eli discovering a new way to eat olives.
 



Morning cuddles.
 





Ruby wearing Avery penguin hat from her dance recital a few years ago.
 


 

 
 We painted ornaments. I try to buy the kids new ornaments or we make ornaments every year.
 

The kids were invited over to our neighbors house to decorate cookies.
The Chestnuts are a cute older couple. They had some of their grandkids help the kids decorate.
I thought that was the sweetest idea.
 



 

Eli was obsessed with the Christmas books that we pulled out of storage.
He especially love the snow books.
This boy he kept saying was his cousin Parker.
 


 
Here's Lexi before church one Sunday.

 
Here's the kids with the package full of Christmas presents from my parents.
 
 
Ruby discovered that she LOVES pulling ornaments off the tree and playing with the presents.
 

 
 
 

Here's some pictures of our family the Sunday before Christensen.



The kids were being so cute together even though they were NOT cooperating with me.
 


 

That night we made gingerbread houses.
I've never made them before but have wanted to try for years.
I found my recipe and template here.
 



 

 

The next day, we decorated them for Family Home Evening.
 




The girls did one house and the boys did the other.
 



Here's the girls' house.
 


And here's the boys' house.
 


The girls and I made and delivered neighborhood gifts together.
 




 
We have had so much snow this year.
And since our house is North facing and since we have a huge driveway
(that means there is more snow to clear and move to the side)
we have a HUGE snow mountain in our front yard. The kids love it.
 


 
Here's Lexi and Avery playing out back with some of the Robinson kids.


And here they are playing games inside.
 


And now we're onto our pictures from New Years Eve.
I wanted to get one last picture with each of my kids in 2015. I got two out of four.
 



I'm not totally sure why or how it happened, but I bought everyone balloons that day.
We bought some little popper things too.
We decided to do those before the younger kids went to bed.
 



Here's Ruby with her balloon. She's such a doll!
 




For whatever reason, Eli asked me to take a picture of him.
So here's his last picture of 2015.
I also did interview videos of the kids. I've tried to do those every year.
I am too lazy to post those right now though.
 


After Eli and Ruby went to bed, the rest of us played the Game of Life and Sleeping Queens.
Then we watched the new Cinderella live action movie.
The girls and I actually made it to midnight. That was a first for them.
And I don't make it that often.
 


Lexi's good friend Lawsen got baptized over the break.
It was extra exciting for Lexi because she's getting baptized this year too.
 

 


Eli became a Sunbeam at the beginning of January.
I can't believe that he's old enough to go to Primary!
 







Here's Eli after church.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment